Covid-19 Update for Semtex
We are a member of Master Plumbers, Gasfitters and Drainlayers NZ – the national membership organisation for plumbing businesses. Please be assured that we are following the Government’s COVID-19 Health and Safety guidance in order to protect both you and our employees. Download Policy
To protect your household
We have the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and antibacterial supplies necessary to complete your work safely. We assure you that we have taken every precaution possible to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Please see below for details of the PPE our staff will use when on your property.
These measures we are taking include:
• All staff in full PPE;
• Ensuring our workers self-quarantine should they become ill or potentially have been exposed to
• Enforcing Government restrictions on any staff who have returned from overseas travel;
• Implementing additional hygiene practices and cleaning routines, including wiping down
equipment and surfaces worked upon with antibacterial supplies;
• Requesting that all workers do not make physical contact with customers; and
• Maintaining a 2-metre distance from customers where possible.
To protect our workers
We ask that any customers inform us if they:
• Are required to self-isolate due to being diagnosed with COVID-19;
• Are showing symptoms of COVID-19;
• Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19;
• Have returned from an overseas trip in the last 14 days; or
• Have been in contact with anyone meeting any of the above criteria and/or been instructed to selfquarantine
If anyone in your property falls into any of the above categories, we would be happy to reschedule another time to undertake the work required.
If the work is an emergency, please inform us and we will be in contact to discuss further arrangements.
Before we arrive at your property please undertake the following steps to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff members:
• Use antibacterial products to clean the area where our staff will be undertaking work
• Ensure you are washing your hands frequently with soap and water or using an alcohol-based hand
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of
tissues immediately after use and wash your hands
• Do not make physical contact and maintain a 2-metre distance with our employees.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and hope to ensure we complete the work required as
safely and efficiently as possible.
While our staff will do everything in their power to leave the work site clean, for your peace of mind, you
may wish to clean it again once the job is completed.